Saturday, December 5, 2009

back in action.

Having spent a whole two months state-side I’m now back in Cusco! So far the weather has been sun, rain, wind, sun, rain, rain, night. It’s some great thunder storms, but otherwise a bit of a drag. Anyway, after a couple of days I’m back to the old habits of living in a third world country. It’s amazing how you can forget to flush TP, but you don’t forget to not flush it. All of the random food I brought has been much appreciated, Cheese toast is now a part of our daily diets in the apartment! I even rolled some sushi for dinner a few nights ago! It was very yummy (I thought). Then of course the junk food is also being devoured! Oatmeal pies are almost gone, the gallon jug of goldfish has been demolished and I think the slim jims disappeared the second I took them out of my suitcase… I swear this stuff is even better in a place it’s not readily available, and probably healthier for you too… Our days have been very relaxing, pretty much the same routine I had back in VA: staying up late watching movies, waking up in the afternoon, however I’ve been busting my behind to get my resume prefect and look up places to live/work. So far it’s narrowed down to anywhere except: Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Brazil. If there are any suggestions, please feel free to share! Otherwise there isn’t much to speak of. The flight here was pretty uneventful. Mom and I drove to D.C. in the middle of the night, I caught my lay over in Panama City, the two flights from D.C. to Lima had more little kids on them than I think I’ve seen on the total of other flights I’ve been on. The first flight had this really cute little kid and his mom sitting next to me, and I was in the window seat. Each time they were asleep the mom would fall into my seat, as would the kid, so I was up against the window trying to give them enough space, but they were really nice, and anything to keep that little 2 year old from screaming was fine by me! When I got to Lima I found my flight to Cusco was 6 am, not pm, so that was fun. But thanks to Grandma Linda I knew of a great little hostel to stay in, and they even gave me a ride the next morning at 3:30 AM to catch my flight. I made it safely to Cusco, and Terry was waiting for me at the airport. And the rest has been nothing but relaxing. Right now we're watching futbol in a pub of sorts, with free wi fi. I'm not sure why we haven't been doing this earlier. Anyway, I'm off! The food just showed up! LOVE!

xoxo.

No comments: