Sunday, May 3, 2009

Arequipaness Round 2

So I know these are really late, but thanks to a huge lack of computer knowledge, I wasn't able to access these photos for quite some time... But now, here they are. The weekend in Arequipa was pretty awesome, and I have been polite enough to exclude the incredible meat department in the Mercado that we went to, but if you feel you have the stomach, let me know, I can send them your way.  Anyway, the fruit section is PG, and wicked, so there's that. It's also a huge bummer that none of these pictures were rotated. I'm not sure why, once again my lack of computer competence steps up. Just tilt your head.  This honkin' plate of food was quite delicious, unfortunately I could only finish two thirds of it. It was two thirds of something closely resembling Patti food, though, which I did not think was possible here! So tasty!
These are the two people I went to Arequipa with, and three Peruvians were nice enough to capture this moment on film.
This is what happens on the nice buses in Peru. At least the smell wasn't bad, but Greyhound has nuthin' on this shit. In addition, at one stop I was woken up to a woman yelling something with a meat cleaver the size of Jay Leno's face hacking away at some enormous cooked leg meat and I thought I was having a nightmare.  I was not conscious enough to ask for a serving before she disembarked the bus, but I heard from others that the meat was quite tasty, and it did smell good.

No comments: